Domers Young and Old Gather for Gameday

Raymond and Eleanor

Raymond, two, and Eleanor, one, are already preparing to be lifelong Domers. Their father is a faculty member in the biology department, as well as a 1996 graduate and resident of Keenan Hall. He has worked here for five years now. Raymond and Eleanor get to come out to every home game, but usually don't make it through all four quarters.  They love the marching band, though, especially the pre-game performance at Bond Hall.

Bill and Charlotte

Bill and Charlotte, pictured with their son George, are both members of the class of 1982. They met during their sophomore year at an SYR hosted by Holy Cross Hall.

They have since sent two children to Notre Dame, members of the class of 2011 and 2013, respectively. George, their youngest, is a potential 2020 graduate. They now come back to campus for one or two football games every year.

Bill and Patty

Bill Grady, pictured with his wife Patty, is a member of the class of 1948. Though he began his studies in 1941, he joined the 8th Air Force Division during World War II and put off his graduation by a few years.

He and Patty met at a Christmas party after the war. The two have been coming to Notre Dame football games together since 1956.

Though they once made the trip from their home in Rockford, Ill., to campus for every home game,

Patty is relieved that she finally convinced Bill down to about three a year.

They enjoy coming back though, both to see their granddaughter, a sophomore at Saint Mary's currently studying abroad in Rome, as well as all their old tailgating buddies.

"The tailgate that we've gone to all these years is getting mighty slim," Bill said.

"That happens when you get to our age." Patty added.

The Braun Family

Cecilia (nine), Caroline (seven), Eileen (four) and Blaze (two) Braun get to visit campus from Leawood, Kan., every year. Although their father Gordon ('99) thinks one road trip a year with four kids is plenty to handle, he said they love the family experience.

"My wife and I, we both went to Notre Dame, so we try not to influence them too much, but I mean, look at them," Gordon said. "Those are our college t-shirts on that skirt."

Only Cecilia and Caroline get to actually go to games right now, but Eileen and Blaze love the gameday festivities anyway.

"They love coming back and all the shenanigans," Gordon said.

The Pruitt Family

Now married, Kristen and David Pruitt met while students at Notre Dame.

Kristen, a resident of Lyons Hall, and David, a transfer student, had class together, and the rest is history. 

After time living in Cleveland and Washington DC, the couple now reside in South Bend and make frequent visits to campus.

Despite their affinity for Notre Dame, the Pruitts said they will allow their children to choose the university of their picking.

"We give them a choice. [Notre Dame picks] what dorm they'll be living in," the Pruitts said, "but we're not putting any pressure on them."