Malpass elected to TIFF board

Scott Malpass, vice president and chief investment officer at Notre Dame, was recently elected to the board of The Investment Fund for Foundations (TIFF), according to a University press release.

The foundation's goal is to enhance investment returns of U.S. non-profit organizations, the release stated. TIFF currently manages more than $9.5 billion for more than 750 endowed charities.

TIFF Chief Investment Officer Richard Flannery said Malpass's work at Notre Dame made him highly qualified for a position on the foundation's board.

"The Notre Dame Investment Office has a long and distinguished record as one of the premier endowment management organizations in the country," Flannery said. "We are honored to have the leader of that office join our board. We are delighted that Scott answered our call to service and grateful to the University of Notre Dame for sharing him with us."

Malpass will serve on the board of directors of TIFF Advisory Services, Inc. (TAS), the regulated investment advisor that, along with its affiliates, administers investment vehicles bearing the TIFF name.

Malpass, the University's chief investment officer since 1989, manages the investment of the University's endowment, working capital and pension and life income assets of $7 billion. Under Malpass's leadership, that endowment has become the 14th largest in American higher education and the largest at a Catholic university.

Through the work of the Investment Office, Notre Dame has experienced a 12.1 percent annualized return on the endowment pool, the release stated. The University has been recognized as an innovator in international, private capital and alternative investing.

Also elected to the TIFF board were Ashvin Chhabra, chief investment officer for the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, N.J., and Sandra Robertson, chief investment officer and chief executive officer of Oxford University Endowment Management Ltd., in Oxford, U.K.