-

-

Sexual assault reported

Observer Staff Report | Sunday, October 30, 2011

Notre Dame Security Police (NDSP) is investigating a sexual assault reported over the weekend, according to an email sent to students Sunday evening.

The reported sexual assault occurred in a residence hall during the early morning Sunday, police said. The victim knew the person who committed the assault.

In the email, police warned students of the risk of sexual assault.

“Sexual assault can happen to anyone at any time,” the email stated. “College students are more likely to be assaulted by an acquaintance, which means that the person perpetrating the assault could be part of the campus community. Being aware of your own safety and watching out for your friends are important steps you can take to reduce the risk of sexual assault.”

Information about sexual assault prevention and resources for survivors of sexual assault is available online from both NDSP and the Committee for Sexual Assault Prevention, the email stated.

-

-

Sexual assault reported

Observer Staff Report | Thursday, October 13, 2011

Notre Dame Security Police (NDSP) said campus police are investigating a sexual assault reported to the department Monday.

Police notified students of the assault Wednesday evening in an email.

The victim told police the reported assault was committed by an acquaintance in a residence hall Sunday during the early morning.

“Sexual assault can happen to anyone at any time,” the email stated. “College students are more likely to be assaulted by an acquaintance, which means that the person perpetrating the assault could be part of the campus community.”

The email warned students to be vigilant about the possibility of a sexual assault.

“Being aware of your own safety and watching out for your friends are important steps you can take to reduce the risk of sexual assault,” the email stated.

More information about sexual assault prevention is available from NDSP at ndsp.nd.edu or through the University’s Committee on Sexual Assault Prevention.