Weekend Events Calendar

Maija Gustin | Thursday, October 27, 2011

Horrible Bosses

In case you missed this movie about three guys who plan to kill their bosses this summer, SUB has you covered with “Horrible Bosses” this weekend. The film has an all-star cast, featuring Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis, Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Aniston, Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx and was a popular summertime laughs-and-popcorn flick. “Horrible Bosses” will be playing Friday at 8 and 10:30 p.m. and Saturday at 8 and 11 p.m.

DeBartolo 101

10 p.m.

Notre Dame Glee Club Fall Concert

Join the Glee Club at the popular annual fall concert. This year, the men’s choir will perform classical choral music and arrangements of folk songs, spirituals and some pop music. The Glee Club always packs the Leighton Concert Hall and puts on one of the musical highlights of the academic year.

Leighton Concert Hall

8 p.m.

$3 for students

Halloween Party at Legends

Looking to get in costume and soak up the Halloween fun after Saturday’s game against Navy? Look no further than Legends. The campus club will be offering a night of costumes, candy and spooky reverie, open to students of all ages and free of charge.

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

You may not have seen this animated classic, featuring the stories of “The Legends of Sleepy Hollow” and “The Wind in the Willows” in years, and there is no better time to catch up with Disney’s spookiest children’s movie than on the eve of Halloween. Narrated by Bing Crosby and Basil Rathbone, the film is guaranteed to bring out some of the joy of childhood Halloweens of scary stories and candy corn.

Browning Cinema

3 p.m.

$3 for students

Weekend Events Calendar

Maija Gustin | Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday, Oct. 6

Gentleman Hall

LaFortune Ballroom

8:30 p.m.

Head to the LaFortune Ballroom tonight to hear up-and-coming band Gentleman Hall play a concert featuring songs from their new EP “When We All Disappear.” The band recently won MTV’s “Best Breakout Boston Artist” award and even has a Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor in their honor. The show begins at 8:30 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 7

“The Secret in the Wings”

7:30 p.m.

Decio Mainstage at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center

$7 for students

“The Secret in the Wings” tells classical stories in a very unconventional way. These stories are presented as a single, flowing whole and feature fantastic designs and costumes to accent the bizarrely wonderful narrative. “Secret in the Wings” will show at 7:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and at 2:30 p.m. for a final performance on Sunday.

Saturday, Oct. 8

“Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon”

DeBartolo 101

8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.

One of the summer’s biggest blockbusters, “Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon,” comes to Notre Dame this weekend. Watch as Shia LeBeouf joins the Autobots to fend of another plan to destroy the world by the Decepticons. Full of the battles, bots and humor the series is known for, “Transformers 3” promises big spectacles to amp up your weekend.

Sunday, Oct. 9

Fleur de Lys

Reyes Organ and Choral Hall

1:30 and 5:30 p.m.

$5 for students

The Department of Music presents a program of music that spans the cultures of Europe by Fleur de Lys. The ensemble, which features violin, wooden flutes, violas, harpsichord and vocals, will focus on Baroque chamber music of France, Italy and Germany. Fleur de Lys will play both an afternoon and evening show at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.