A new way to review

It's that time of year to pick classes again. After worrying about your DART time and dreading the inevitable small talk with your academic adviser that will result when you pick up your pin number, you start browsing the class search site and planning out your schedule for next semester. But what if the class is hard or the professor is terrible? You only want the best college experience possible, after all.

So you fire up your computer and likely cruise on over to NDToday.com or some other site and hope to find semi-decent reviews on your future teachers. But they are so hard to find! What little reviews that are up there are dated or don't provide very good information. Then you wonder if the information on all those CIFs everyone filled out last year might be available somewhere, which they are (cif.nd.edu), but they kind of suck. Good review questions and data modeling would make too much sense.

Notre Dame: There is a better way to find reviews on classes and professors. A few Notre Dame seniors have come up with ReviewND.com, and it is going to change how you pick classes and so much more.

Want to find out which professors will keep you on the edge of your seat, strike fear into your heart or lull you to sleep? Interested in finding out about the hottest bars and clubs around campus? Looking for the best local grub at quality restaurants close by? Want to make sure you are using a quality taxi company that won't rip you off? Looking for advice on internships or where to travel for your next big spring break trip?

ReviewND is the place where you can get the dish on everything related to college from the people that know first hand. Your classmates are your best resource for finding out the best experiences in college, so why not go to a place where all the information is stored in one spot? Get the reviews for professors, classes, trip destinations, entertainment and more, all specific to your school and commented on by your classmates.

Reviews on ReviewND.com are comprehensive. You review not only the professor, but the class itself. Reviews can be broken down by expected grade and major and can be easily searched by professor name or class code.

ReviewND isn't just about academic reviews, either. The site will feature reviews on students' past internships, spring break destinations, taxi companies, local restaurants, off-campus housing, dorms and local bars. Get real, honest feedback on things you care about. Knowledge is power, opinion is everything. ReviewND.com has A-Z Reviews for Everything Related to College. Sign up today and write reviews so we can make this an awesome site for the Notre Dame community to use for years to come.

Also check out DormTickets.com, a site where goods and services can be advertised for sale and exchange. Brought to you by the same team behind ReviewND, it is 10 million times better than the classifieds on insideND and 10 million times less sketchy than Craigslist because only Notre Dame students and faculty can use it. Post your unused tickets, old furniture, used text books, electronics and anything else that isn't bolted to your dorm room floor with ease. Items are broken down by type, making it easy to find good bargains in your own dorm or around campus any time during the school year. If you can think it, you can buy or sell it on DormTickets.

All these services are absolutely free to use and will remain that way because making students' lives easier doesn't have to come with a price tag. Let's make the world a better place, one useful web application at a time.

John Zielinski is a senior majoring in electrical engineering. He can be reached at jzielin2@nd.edu