Monday, May 6, 2024

Fanny Demarcation Line

Dear Mr. Fitzgerald,

Thank you very much for your Letter to the Editor on Nov. 9 in response to the sickening disregard of fashion that was in Notre Dame Style Spotter on Nov. 8. As one of Fashion Magazine's "Top 10 Most Stylish Campuses" (1992), it is the responsibility of our entire campus community to fight the good fight and reassure the nation that such disgraces as Mr. Denue's attire are not representative of our student body as a whole.

Mr. Denue, your fashion sense is an abhorrence to the rest of us reasonable, snake-skin wearing students who do our best to make Our Lady proud. Your lack of color schematics and your insistence on wearing socks with your boat shoes (thank heavens, at least they were Sperry) is truly embarrassing.

Take a bigger picture approach to this: think about the male psyche. Now think about the female psyche. Think about thinking about the male and females psyches. What would Ryan Seacrest think about the way in which your brightly hued waist-pouch, regardless of its incredible convenience and practicality, threatens to undo the very fabric of our University?

Can you stop for a moment and just think about what a campus-wide fanny pack epidemic would look like? Mr. Fitzgerald, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Though short shorts may be making reappearances, and though people wear socks with their Adidas and Nike sandals all of the time, we must not allow this FDL (Fanny Demarcation Line) to be crossed.

But, let's end on a positive note.

At least his mustache was in tip-top shape. It would be a shame if he dressed in such a fashion without a good lip blanket.

Partners in Fashion,

Thom Kenealy

senior

off campus

Nov. 10

Nick Walsh

senior

off campus

Nov. 10