SMC seniors bond with fathers

Seniors at Saint Mary's College had the chance to spend some quality time with their fathers at the annual Senior Dads Weekend.

A range of events including a Mass, game watch and silent auction were planned for the weekend.

Noelle Radko, senior class vice president, said the first event of the weekend took place Friday night in SpesUnica Hall.  

"We created a beer garden in Spes with a silent auction and we … invited our professors," she said. "This is our senior year and our professors know us pretty well by now, so we wanted to include them in our evening."

High tables were set up on the first and second floors of SpesUnica and appetizers and beer were available for the attendees. Fathers and daughters were presented with matching beer glasses adorned with the Saint Mary's College logo.

The silent auction contained different baskets to be bid on, including packages from Brothers Bar & Grill and Club Fever.

On Saturday, there was a game watch at the College Football Hall of Fame, complete with drinks and a buffet.

Senior Katelynd Park said she was excited to watch the Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest game with her father.

"I think that this weekend is a fun opportunity to spend ‘Daddy-Daughter' time before college ends," she said. "You're always told that you're ‘daddy's little girl,' so it's nice to have this time with them."

Senior Katelyn Tondo-Steele said she also enjoyed spending time with all the dads.

"This day has been great," Tondo-Steele said. "It was nice to see the girls' dads yesterday at the beer garden and go out last night, and these games are fun to play with our dads."

On Sunday, a Mass was held at the Church of Loretto

Maggie DePaola, senior class president, said the entire weekend went very smoothly.  

"The turn out for the weekend was great, which made us glad," DePaolo success."

Pat Reardon, father of senior Megan Reardon, said he was impressed with the friendships his daughter has made at Saint Mary's.

"It's been a brutally humble experience seeing all of you girls as seniors," Reardon said. "Megan, as well as you all, has acclimated herself well, and it's sad that it's all ending. It's just one more way that Saint Mary's shows how close you all are and how the college values that closeness."