-

-

Weekend Events Calendar

Maija Gustin | Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thursday: Twelfth Night

Washington Hall

7:30 p.m.

$12 for students

Theatrical favorite Actors from the London Stage return to Notre Dame with a production of Shakespeare’s beloved comedy, “Twelfth Night.” The play, which combines disguise, mistaken identity and romance, is a light-hearted but poignant story sure to keep you in stitches. Actors from the London Stage will also perform “Twelfth Night” on Friday, Jan. 27.

Friday: Three Men in Kilts

Fiddler’s Hearth

9 p.m.

Free

Popular South Bend haunt Fiddler’s Hearth brings to its stage Three Men in Kilts, a Chicago-based Irish band that will play a set of traditional Irish pub songs. Join in as the crowd sings along over some bread pudding and a pint — or, for those under 21, a soda. Even at this late hour, Fiddler’s is both a bar and restaurant, fun for people of all ages to enjoy. But get there early — the place is small and fills up fast.

Saturday: Wallpaper

Legends

10 p.m.

Free

Indie “party rock” artist Wallpaper will visit Legends on Saturday. Along with opener Twenty One Pilots, Wallpaper’s hits are guaranteed to get the crowd dancing all night long. Stick around after the show for a bubble party, which — you guessed it — means bubbles will fill Legends as you dance.

Sunday: The Enchanted Island

Browning Cinema, DPAC

1 p.m.

$16

While a trip to New York City’s Metropolitan Opera might be difficult right now, the walk to DPAC is not. This Sunday, the Met will broadcast its new original opera “The Enchanted Island” live in the Browning Cinema. The Baroque opera features music from a host of famous composers set to a new libretto that combines the stories of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”and “The Tempest.” The new production is sure to be fantastical.

-

-

Weekend Events Calendar

Maija Gustin | Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thursday: Roller Night at Legends

Legends

Midnight

Free

Have you ever wanted to do anything more than roller-skate through Legends? Probably not. Well, now’s your chance. Tonight at midnight, Legends is hosting its very own Roller Night. The tag line? “Strap on those rollerblades and get ready to party in a whole new way.”

Friday: Complexions Contemporary Ballet

Decio Mainstage, DPAC

7 p.m.

$15 for students

This Friday, DPAC brings to campus performers from Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre Company. Enjoy a night of dance that utilizes individual forms of expression in creating and expressing an altogether greater unity. The co-artistic directors will present a post-performance talk. The show will also be presented on Thursday and Saturday night.

Saturday: The Notre Dame Student Film Festival

Browning Cinema, DPAC

6:30 and 9:30 p.m.

$3 for students

The Department of Film, Television and Theatre presents the 23rdannual Student Film Festival. The festival features films made exclusively by Notre Dame undergraduate students. The films range in length, story and theme, but all present the finest filmmaking talent of the Notre Dame community. The films will also be screened twice on both Thursday and Friday.

Sunday: Schubert’s Die Schone Mullerin Recital and Lecture

Leighton Concert Hall, DPAC

2:30 p.m.

Free for students

The Department of Music presents a guest artist concert featuring vocalist Stephen Ng and pianist James Janssen, performing famed German composer Franz Schubert’s “Die Schone Mullerin.” Janssen will play a fortepiano for the performance, the instrument Schubert’s work would have been heard on during Schubert’s life. Prof. Susan Youens will present an opening lecture on Schubert.