Student attends Grammy's

While many students spent last Sunday watching the Grammy's on TV, Saint Mary's senior Briana Coyne experienced the red carpet, celebrities and awards up close as her father was nominated for his work on Adele's album "21."

"After going to the Grammy's two years ago for his work on Beyonce's ‘I am Shasha Fierce' album, he promised my mom that if he was ever honored with another Grammy opportunity, he would make it a family affair," Coyne said.

Coyne said she would never forget walking down the red carpet and sitting with nominees.

"I just had to pinch myself to see if it was real," she said. "I was within touching distance of bands like Foster the People and Kings of Leon, and I accidentally bumped into Paul Schaffer from ‘The Tonight Show.'"

Her father, Tom Coyne is partner of Sterling Sound Mastering Studios in New York City.

He said the event was even more enjoyable because he was able to experience it with his family.

"It's always fun to share experiences with others and having my children attending the parties and all the hoopla surrounding the Grammys was great," he said. "[I wanted] to start filling up their memory bank."

Coyne said the most memorable part of the weekend was seeing her dad receive his award.

"My dad booked it up to stage. He would have won the 100-meter dash," she said. "He even got up there before Adele."

Tom Coyne said he tried to wait long enough for Adele to reach the steps.

"I walked a little too quickly and reached the steps of the stage before Adele. I stopped cold and … that was just enough time to see Adele start up the steps," he said. "So after another second I walked up and LL Cool J came over and congratulated me."

Coyne said if he were lucky enough to be on the Grammy stage again, he'd take a back row position.

"I [initially] put my cement shoes on and stood just to the left of Adele," he said. "If I were lucky enough to win again, I'll go right to the back row and give someone else their chance. The pressure is just too great."

But Briana Coyne said her dad deserved the front-row recognition.

"No one deserved [this recognition] more than my dad," she said. "I know that's being biased, but seriously, I saw him work so hard. I couldn't be more proud of him."