The Best of Ben & Jerry's

Vermont-based ice creamers Ben & Jerry have long been associated with heart-broken girls and single people alike. While there is no shame in spending some quality time this Valentine's Day with the best men in your life — Ben and Jerry — don't be fooled into thinking this delicious ice cream treat is only for those not otherwise engaged in romantic dinners and dates. Ben and Jerry are the perfect companions for your night of single revelry and as the dessert at the end of your date. But with so many options to choose from, Scene is here to make the choice a little easier with a guide to our favorite Ben & Jerry's flavors.

FroYo Cherry Garcia

Sure, Cherry Garcia is a great Ben & Jerry's flavor. But if you already love that perfect blend of chocolate and cherry, then do yourself a favor and grab the green pint of FroYo instead. If you feel so inclined, claim that this decision is based on the obvious health benefits of FroYo over ice cream, particularly in this lead-up to Spring Break. Health benefits aside, this FroYo concoction is actually better than its ice cream cousin. When you pop open that pint of FroYo, you'll find a stronger cherry flavor and bigger chunks of the fruit than in the obviously inferior ice cream version. While we all love chocolate, the cherry is the hallmark of this Ben & Jerry's classic, so take a chance on the FroYo to find the altogether better rendition of chocolate-cherry combination.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Celebrate Valentine's Day by treating yourself with a nice big pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. It is a classic yet delicious flavor for a perfect Valentine's night in. The creamy vanilla flavor never gets old and the unexpected chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough make every spoonful different. You deserve it!

Phish Food

Vermont being a small state, it seems only natural that its two greatest products, Ben and Jerry's ice cream and the band Phish, should collaborate. And it's a good thing they did. The flavor consists of chocolate ice cream, marshmallow, caramel and schools of fudge fish. It's a delicious combination that can take your mind off loneliness, one spoonful at a time.

Boston Cream Pie

This delicious mix of yellow cake pieces, fudge flakes and pastry cream filling is as irresistible as the fall foliage of Boston. Don't have enough time to make an actual pie or whip up pudding? No problem. Just grab a carton of this flavor from your nearest grocery store for the perfect mix of both. Turning this delightful pastry into an ice cream flavor was almost as revolutionary as the Minutemen, but decidedly less violent. Brighten up any dreary day — or dateless Feb. 14 — with a carton.

Half-Baked

It's widely agreed that the best part of baking is licking the spoon, and our friends Ben and Jerry have made it socially acceptable to do so with the welcomed addition of ice cream. In their Half Baked flavor, chocolate chip cookie dough, brownie batter and a mix of chocolate and vanilla ice creams come together for a sweet treat that delivers the best of classic desserts. This Valentine's Day, you can have ice cream and lick the spoon in one bite without having to look over your shoulder to make sure no one is looking.