Weekend Events Calendar

Thursday

Bowling Alley and Lebowskifest

Legends

10 p.m.

Free

Only once in a blue moon will you have the opportunity to go bowling on campus, so don't miss your chance when Legends converts its club into a bowling alley tonight at 10 p.m. Stick around after bowling some strikes to enjoy the perfect complement to the game — "The Big Lebowski." The cult classic about a man who gets caught up in a case of mistaken identity and a host of other zany antics is a must-see for those who've missed it. The Dude abides.

Friday

"Melancholia"

Browning Cinema

6:30 and 9:30 p.m.

$3

Lars Von Trier's latest film, loosely about the end of the world, has popped up on top critical lists since its release last year and has won a string of awards, including Best Actress for Kirsten Dunst at the Cannes Film Festival. "Melancholia" will also play at the Browning Cinema at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. on Thursday and 6 and 9 p.m. on Saturday.

Saturday

"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1"

DeBartolo 101

7 and 9:30 p.m.

$3

In case you missed the latest incarnation of sparkling vampires and shirtless werewolves, SUB has you covered. It's wedding time for the star-crossed Edward and Bella, and nothing will be the same when it's over. Prepare yourself for the finale, out this fall, by watching the set-up that has the most shocking conclusion to date.

Sunday

L.A. Theatre Works presents "The Rivalry"

Decio Mainstage

2 p.m.

$15

"The Rivalry" uses original transcripts from the famed Lincoln-Douglas debate of 1858 to bring to life a heated presidential election. Among the many issues discussed was slavery, which would shape Lincoln's time as president. This riveting production will also be presented on Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. These presentations will include pre-performance talks with Notre Dame scholars.