Peace, the world and faith

It is impossible to take even a glance at the news these days without being bombarded by reports of violent conflict around the world, from the uprising in Syria to the continued violence of the LRA and Joseph Kony. This reporting leaves something to be desired, however. As active world citizens we, and likely many of you as well, desire to learn not only about the current state of these conflicts but also how they might be transformed into a sustainable peace. It is with this goal in mind that the Notre Dame Student Peace Conference will be bringing student presenters and experts, including the keynote speaker Molly Kinder, Class of 2001, from around the country to campus on March 30-31. This conference will provide a great opportunity to engage in dialogue on the many ongoing efforts to promote peacebuilding around the world with fellow students and the broader community of peace scholars. Given the unique Catholic character of our university, we are pleased to be partnering with the Center for International and Security Studies at Maryland to host both a panel and a workshop examining the intersections of faith and global policy centered on some of the most important issues of our time.

Please consider taking advantage of this opportunity by registering free-of-charge for the conference at www.nd.edu/~peacecon by the end of the day, Friday March 23. We hope to see you at the conference!

Erik Helgeson

senior

Dillon Hall

Nhu Phan

senior

Farley Hall

Rebecca Sinclair

senior

off campus

March 22