Download. Listen. Discard

Don't be fooled by the name: Imagine Dragons is not a cheesy kid's cartoon show from the 1990s, nor is it a board game played by balding, four-alarm man-children in the comfort of their parents' basements. It's an alternative band from Las Vegas, and a darn good one too.
I didn't stumble upon "Continued Silence," the band's new EP, until last May, but it didn't take long for it to become the soundtrack of my summer.
Imagine Dragons' style is diverse and hard to pin down, at times combining folk rock with surprisingly heavy bass lines, but frankly that's what makes the band so enjoyable.
The songs "On Top of the World" and "It's Time" are upbeat, yet out of the box, using a variety of instruments, from whistles to ukuleles, in strangely tasteful fashion.
My personal favorite track, "Radioactive," has a dubstep-inspired beat that never fails to shake the walls. If you're searching for a great workout song, or just a way to quickly tick off your entire hall staff, find some nice speakers and turn it up.
"Continued Silence" is a fresh offering from a band with a lot of potential. I would definitely recommend a download.
When I first listened to The Lumineers last March, shortly before the April release of their self-titled album, all I could think was, "Why the heck aren't these guys famous?"
Checking YouTube, I discovered that most of their videos had less than 1,000 views, with the only comments coming from rabid hipsters saying things like "This just made me spill my latté," and "If these guys go mainstream, I'll never shower again." Well, not really, but you get the idea.
With their album now sitting high on the iTunes top-seller list, the Lumineers have finally hit the big time, and I couldn't be happier.
Hailing from Denver, The Lumineers combine the boot-stomping rhythm of Mumford and Sons with thought-provoking lyrics and truly powerful story telling. For instance, "Stubborn Love" is told from the perspective of a young man who can't forget the woman who broke his heart, standing on her porch and refusing to "leave until you come downstairs."
The more lighthearted song "Submarines" tells the story of a man who spots a Japanese submarine out at sea and frantically attempts to convince his fellow townsfolk of their imminent danger.
His efforts in vain, the narrator gives some parting words about the importance of being trustworthy, saying, "In the end it boils down to credibility/I had none so I will die with the secrets of the sea."
If you like Mumford and Sons, or music in general, give The Lumineers a listen. I promise you won't be disappointed.
I've listened to plenty of bad music during my life, but Nicki Minaj's new album "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" takes the term "unapologetically terrible" to new and exciting extremes. While Nicki's stage antics, weird clothes and an alleged set of buttock injections (that's right, buttock injections) have brought her money and fame, the fact remains that her music is still the audio equivalent of being water boarded.
I'll admit it, when "Starships" comes on at a party I'm the obnoxious guy who belts out every word at the top of his lungs. I know for a fact that most girls are fans of the song too, because I can't check Facebook without seeing some photo album titled "Hands up and touch the sky."
However, one catchy song can't save this album from being designated the worst of all time. Allow me to explain why.
First of all, the beats are uninspired and sometimes downright weird. Second, the song lyrics are often mind-numbingly repetitive and stupid to the point of being funny - musical genius at its absolute finest.
My recommendation would be to avoid "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" at all costs. If you do come into contact with the album, remember to wash your hands with copious amounts of soap and cold water.