Weekend Events Calendar

Maria Fernandez | Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What: Student stand-up

Where: Legends

When: 10 p.m.

How much: Free with student ID

Laugh and enjoy a relaxed Thursday night at Legends as you listen to some of the funniest students on campus come up with great jokes and comedic stories. Come with a group of friends for a funny night guaranteed.  

What: Mike Super Illusionist

Where: Washington Hall

When: 9 p.m.

How much: Contact the Student Activities Office in LaFortune Student Center or at (574) 631-7308 for ticket information.

Who doesn’t like magic? After last week’s performance, Mike Super Illusionist will perform once more on campus by popular demand. Don’t miss your last chance to check out all of his unbelievable magic and illusion tricks.

What: Irish Game Night

Where: Rolfs Sports Recreation Center

When: 8-11 p.m.

How much: Free

For one night only, you will be able to roller-skate around Rolfs to the beat of some of the greatest 80s music. What more can you ask for? Don’t miss this unique and super fun event.

What: Women’s soccer vs. North Carolina

Where: 1:30-3:30 p.m.

When: Alumni Stadium

How much: Visit und.com/tickets for ticket information.

Come support and watch our women’s soccer team win Sunday as they play North Carolina in the Adidas Invitational. Go with a group of friends and lots of energy to cheer for our team.

Weekend Events Calendar

Kevin Noonan | Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thursday, August 23

What: “The Lorax”

Where: North Quad

When: 9:30 p.m.

How Much: Free

The Student Union Board teams up with the Student Activities Office, the Office of Sustainability and Visit South Bend to bring Dr. Seuss’s “The Lorax” to campus in a special viewing on North Quad. Grab a blanket and a few friends and enjoy the free popcorn and reportedly beautiful weather, not to mention one of Seuss’s classics.

Friday, August 24

What: “To Rome With Love”

Where: DPAC

When: 6:30 and 9:30 p.m.

How Much: $5

The latest oddball comedy from Woody Allen features a wide-ranging cast including the director himself, Alec Baldwin, Penélope Cruz, Jessie Eisenberg, Ellen Page and Alison Pill. The film follows four different vignettes, and though it received mixed reviews, its illustration of the beauty of Italy can always be appreciated.

Saturday, August 25

What: B1 Block Party

When: 5:00 p.m.

Where: B1 Parking Lot

How Much: $10

Legends is putting on its annual kickoff party in the B1 parking lot this Saturday with featured band Boys Like Girls. But there’s more than just music, as there will also be a beer garden for those over 21, a wide variety of foods, games and other fun stuff to do. And don’t miss the other band of the night, Breathe Carolina, and their hit “Blackout.”

Sunday, August 26

What: Hamlet

When: 2:00 p.m.

Where: DeBartolo Performing Arts Center

How Much: $14 for students

Shakespeare’s classic tragedy puts on its final show this Sunday as the finale of the Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival. The show features a number of highly talented and well-experienced players, and the story is as thrilling and relevant as ever. The play is even one of the fastest versions students are likely to see, running around two hours and 45 minutes.