Greetings from the international Irish!

Hello from around the world! As the fall semester and football season heat up, hundreds of Domers are
studying away from Notre Dame in countries across the globe. Through this Observer Passport blog,
members of The Observer's staff will keep you updated on their adventures exploring new cultures,
languages and, of course, food.

Studying abroad is a unique opportunity for students to uproot themselves, pack their bags and learn what
life is like outside the United States. We hope you will use this blog to travel with us and to glimpse what
the international Irish are experiencing. After all, it's only by learning about other cultures that we can truly
contextualize our own.

Below are the contributors who will be your window into life outside the USA this semester via Observer
Passport:

Lauren Fritz is a junior from Pasquerilla West Hall majoring in chemical engineering. She is "studying" abroad
in Perth, Australia (the most isolated city in the world!). She is most excited about exploring the surreally
beautiful coastlines, catching a few waves on a surfboard, feeding baby koalas and kangaroos and avoiding
sharks at all cost. She also hopes to meet Crush and Nemo while in the Great Barrier Reef. Before cruising
home to Idaho, she will be venturing to Bali, up and down the Western Australian coast, over to the Gold
Coast in the East, up to New Zealand, and through Fiji with some mates. If you're keen to find out more about
her adventures, head on over to lomichellefritz.wordpress.com.

Marisa Iati is a junior from Ryan Hall majoring in American studies. She is studying in Toledo, Spain, and looks
forward to conducting a comparative study of gelato across Europe and making a Julie Andrews pilgrimage
to Salzburg, Austria, where "The Sound of Music" was filmed. She might also try to pick up a word or two
of Spanish. If you're interested in learning more about Marisa's adventures in España, check out her blog at
expeditionsinespana.wordpress.com.

Kaitlyn Rabach is a sophomore at Saint Mary's College and is majoring in political science and global studies. She is studying in Ifrane, Morocco, and is most excited about gaining an Islamic perspective of the world. While in North Africa, Kaitlyn will be visiting her friend in Tunis during the Islamic holiday of Aid Al-Kebir. If
you want to learn more about Kaitlyn's Moroccan experiences, check out kaitlynrabach.wordpress.com.

Grant Tobin is a junior from Dillon Hall majoring in finance and Chinese. He is studying at Beida (Peking
University) this semester and is excited both to improve his Chinese and also to visit the many historic sites
in China. Should you wish to learn more about the transition to Chinese life and the many adventures that lie
therein, check out granttobin.blogspot.com.

Nicole Toczauer is a junior from Farley Hall majoring in photography. She is studying in London, England,
and interning with NBC. Nicole is looking forward to exploring London's coffee shops, pubs and galleries. She is also excited to travel and take photos of other parts of Europe. You can follow her adventures
at nicolelondon27.blogspot.com.