-

-

Weekend Events Calendar

Maria Fernandez | Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Thursday

What: Acousticafe

Where: Reckers

When: 10 p.m.

How much: Free

Come to Reckers tonight and listen to some of the best student performers on campus play some of their favorite songs live. AcoustiCafe is a great place to hang out with friends, relax and unwind from all of the week’s work. 

Friday

What: SUB Movie – The Hunger Games

Where: DeBartolo 101

When: 8:00 p.m. or 10:30 p.m.

How much: $3

Are you a Hunger Games fan? Have you read the trilogy and can’t wait for the second movie to come out? Relive Katniss and Peeta’s struggle to survive Panem’s annual Hunger Games as they fight other district members to the death. Don’t miss it!

Saturday

What: Domer Run

Where: Legends

When: 9:00 a.m.

How much: Pre-registration $15, race-day registration $20

Run in Saturday’s Domer Run for cancer education and awareness. You can choose to run from three to six miles or walk for two miles. Come with a group of friends and support the cause.

Sunday

What: ND Theatre NOW

Where: DPAC, Philbin Studio Theatre

When: 2:30 p.m.

How much: $5 for students

Enjoy two student-run theatrical productions at DPAC on Sunday. This year’s play titles are “The Sinopean” by Daniel Garcia de Paredes and “SHE” by Renee Roden.

-

-

Weekend Events Calendar

Maria Fernandez | Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thursday

What: Third Thursdays

Where: Snite Museum

When: 4:30 p.m.

How much: Free

Be the first to experience the newest event on campus! Come with a group of friends to the Snite and enjoy good live music, interesting conversations and creative exhibitions. Appetizers and beverages will be provided free of charge.

Friday

What: Michigan Week Pep Rally

Where: Hesburgh Library

When: 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.

How much: Free

Start your football weekend with lots of energy and spirit at the Library Quad between Hesburgh Library and the Stadium for the traditional football pep rally.  Come out and cheer for the Irish as they prepare to beat the Wolverines on Saturday night.

Saturday

What: Book signings

When: 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Where: Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore

How much: Free

Don’t know what to do before the night game vs. Michigan? Nineteen different authors of books about the Fighting Irish, including Notre Dame legend Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger, will be signing their books at the bookstore. Don’t miss this special chance to meet them.

Sunday

What: Spirited Away

Where: DPAC, Browning Cinema

When: 3 p.m.

How much: $4 for students

Japanese manga and film director Hayao Miyazaki’s Academy Award-winning film will be playing at DPAC. Take a break from studying and experience this amazing fantasy about a young girl trapped in a world of spirits.

-

-

Weekend Events Calendar

Maria Fernandez | Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Thursday

What: AcoustiCafe

Where: Badin Porch

When: 10:00 p.m.

How Much: Free

Come to the Badin porch tonight and listen to some of the best student performers on campus play some of their favorite songs live. AcoustiCafe is a great place to hang out with friends, relax and unwind from all of the week’s work. 

Friday

What: The Merchant of Venice

Where: Washington Hall

When: 7:30 p.m.

How Much: $12 for students

Actors from the London Stage are coming to campus this weekend to perform one of Shakespeare’s most provocative comedies. “The Merchant of Venice”is a powerful play about the search for love, power and justice. Don’t miss it!

Saturday

What: SUB Movie: The Avengers

Where: DeBartolo Hall 101

When: 9:30 p.m.

How Much: $3

Marvel’s greatest super heroes team up to save the world in one of this summer’s most popular films, “The Avengers.” The movie has a great plot and special effects. Go with a group of friends and watch Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow unite and overcome evil. It’s a must-see!

Sunday

What: Women’s Soccer vs. Cincinnati

Where: 1:00 p.m.

When: Joyce Center

How Much: Free for students

Finish off your weekend cheering for the Irish at Alumni Stadium. Bring all of your energy and spirit to the soccer field and support our women’s soccer team as they beat Cincinnati.