Touchdown streak ends

The Irish had not allowed an offensive touchdown in 17 quarters prior to surrendering two on consecutive drives to BYU in the second quarter. Notre Dame had not accomplished such a feat since Dan Devine's final season in 1980, when the Irish defense set a school record by preventing an offensive touchdown for 23 consecutive quarters.

Notre Dame has allowed two or fewer offensive touchdowns in 19 of its past 24 games. In 11 of 19, Irish opponents score either one touchdown or no touchdowns.

Despite allowing BYU to score twice Saturday, Notre Dame is still the only team in the Football Bowl Subdivision that has yet to yield a rushing touchdown. The Irish have given up nine rushing touchdowns over their past 25 games. Only Alabama has allowed fewer rushing touchdowns over that span.

Te'o leads the way again

Senior linebacker MantiTe'o intercepted his fourth pass of the season to go along with his team-leading 10 tackles Saturday. The interception marked the Irish defense's 16th takeaway of the season. Junior linebacker Danny Spond recorded the team's 17th takeaway with an interception on BYU's final possession.

Notre Dame only forced 14 turnovers during the entire 2011 season.

Te'o's interception also marked a personal milestone. He now sits one pick shy of tying the school record for most interceptions by a linebacker in a season. John Perguine intercepted five passes in 1966, and LyronCobbins equaled that total in 1995.