Students celebrate perfect season

Undefeated and bound for the national title game.

While few students can claim they expected the Irish to end the regular season on such a note, they are thrilled with the outcome.

Senior and California native Victoria Anglin got to watch the game at the Los Angeles Coliseum with friends.

"Growing up, I was in a Notre Dame family, but saw a lot of USC and UCLA games," she said. "It was actually amazing to be in the Coliseum and be on the other side of the ND-USC rivalry."

Anglin also had the opportunity to watch the Irish beat the Trojans in Los Angeles during the 2010 season.

"While I've been [a student at] Notre Dame, I'm two for two in the Coliseum," she said.

Saint Mary's senior Amy Tiberi was also in the Coliseum to witness the win Saturday.

"I was so excited to be there in the enemy's territory but a little anxious [because] this was the last game we needed to win before the BCS bowl," she said.

Tiberi said she was ecstatic when the game ended.

"It was such a surreal feeling realizing that ND is actually 12-0," she said. "Being in California to experience it was unbelievably exhilarating."

Saint Mary's junior Erin Edwards wasn't able to make it out to Los Angeles for the game, but it didn't mean she was in friendly territory.

"I watched the game with my family - my family of Michigan fans," she said. "They were rooting for Notre Dame."

After the first half, Edwards went over to a friend's to watch the rest of the game. Edwards is from Ann Arbor, Mich., and watched the rest of the game at one of the fraternity houses on the University of Michigan's campus with friends from high school.

"I went over there [the fraternity house] and there were about 10 people there and no one wanted Notre Dame to win," she said. "I was that obnoxious fan the whole time."

At the end of the game, Edwards said she wanted to celebrate, but immediately focused on the next hurdle - getting tickets to the championship game.

"As soon as they won, I pulled out my phone to buy [national championship tickets]," she said. "But they were $1,000, so I did not pull the trigger on that one."

Whether she manages to get tickets or not, Tiberi said she will probably make it to Miami to support the Irish.

"I'll go with both family and friends," she said. "I really hope I get tickets, but I'll probably be there either way."