Stub snub for Holy Cross

Sunday night, I was initially ecstatic to find out that a generous alumni donated money to reduce the cost of the championship tickets.
I anxiously started reading over the rules for application and noticed that only Saint Mary's and Notre Dame students are allowed to enter the student lottery.
As a transfer student from Holy Cross College, I find this ridiculous. Speaking from experience, Holy Cross students try their best every day to contribute to the Notre Dame community.
Even when they are relegated to the worst seats in the student section (seats for which they pay more money than Notre Dame students pay for theirs), they cheer their hearts out for the Irish.
Still, there is no place for them in the lottery. Some people have told me not to get so wrapped up in this since I am on this side of the road now.
It may be true that I am in love with Notre Dame, but regardless of where I attend school now, I will always have a place in my heart for "that school across the road."
It disappoints me that Notre Dame couldn't find it in theirs to include these students in this monumental occasion.
On a less serious note: When the Irish were losing by 14 points to Pittsburgh in the fourth quarter with their title hopes in the balance, what song sparked the comeback? The "Rudy" theme song.
Who was cheering loudest at that moment?
The Holy Cross students.
Go Irish.

Paul Kearney
sophomore
Keough Hall
Dec. 2