ND Women's Swimming and Diving: Reaney wins B final

Notre Dame got off to a good start on the first day of the NCAA national championships, as four swimmers earned Honorable Mention All-America honors.

Sophomore Emma Reaney led the way for the Irish, winning the "B" final in the 200 IM and placing 9th overall. Her time of 1:55.06 was just 0.01 seconds shy of the school record she set earlier in the season at the Ohio State Invitational.  Reaney was also a part of the 400 medley relay team that took 13th place overall and fifth in the "B" final. With those performances, Reaney earned two All-American citations, the fifth of her career and the sixth most in program history.

Other Irish swimmers earning All-America accolades as part of the 400 medley relay team included senior Kim Holden, junior Kelly Ryan and freshmen Catherine Galletti. The relay finished with a time of 3:34.66, breaking the school record by 0.2 seconds. It was the third time this year that mark has been broken.

In diving, senior Jenny Chiang competed in the 1-meter springboard, finishing with 273.05 points which leaves her in 23rd place overall. 

The Irish currently sit in 16th place after Day One at the NCAA championships, but still have plenty of time to move up in the standings. 

On Friday, Notre Dame will compete in two relays, the 200 medley and the 800 freestyle, while Reaney, Ryan, Holden, and Chiang will all compete in individual events. The second day of competition begins at 11 a.m.