Imagine Dragons 'Night Visions'

Imagine you're looking for the right band to commit to, no band in the past feeling quite right. Then, imagine stumbling upon a band that encompasses the alternative, slightly indie rock feel you've been looking for after years of searching. Imagine Dragons.

Yes, in this band I have found my musical soul mate. And in the nature of the free love movement back in the 1960's, let me share this love with you so you too may find musical bliss in this amazing band. 

Mosey on over to your Spotify and listen to Imagine Dragons' "Night Visions (Deluxe Version)."

You have probably heard of Imagine Dragons, perhaps without knowing it. The group's hit "It's Time" has been playing so often on your Top Hits Pandora station you probably think "it's time" for the song to stop playing. 

However, although overplayed, there is no denying "It's Time" mixes impactful lyrics with tasteful hand clapping and manages to seem both uplifting and gloomy at the same time.

The strength of the album is it effortlessly goes from darker, punkier numbers to lively poppy tunes without feeling at all disjointed. The band possesses a remarkable ability to stay true to itself without sticking to the same formula for each song. "Radioactive" is nothing like "On Top of the World," yet they're both impressive.

"Radioactive," which opens "Night Visions," is definitely a darker type of song. Front man Dan Reynolds' voice eerily portrays a poisonous air, eliciting a post-apocalyptic feel with the help of strong drums and a vibrating bass.

Another favorite of mine, "Amsterdam," strikes a chord by combining light symbols and chords that seem to sparkle with the band's undeniably poignant message. The song is both playful and grounded, with the verses portrayed as apologetic and the chorus easily deemed prophetic. When Reynolds belts "your time will come if you wait for it," it's hard not to believe him.

"On Top of the World" starkly contrasts the previous two songs. A whistling synth and joyful claps culminate in a triumphant refrain with a burst of guitar beckoning multiple vocals together. The song overall is reminiscent of the spirit and fervor of a Hallelujah chorus, in a modern pop/rock way.

All of the songs really add value to the album as a whole. "Hear Me" starts off with beats not so unlike a cheesy 1990's rap group and then descends quickly into an electronic plea with the help of a nice bit of drum work. "My Fault" showcases Reynolds' vocals. With nothing but a low bass beat, minimal guitar and his voice advocating the emotional case of the song on the verses, Reynolds proves his expressive skill.

Imagine Dragons' forte is undoubtedly its ability to portray emotion effectively in each song. While listening to "On Top of the World" I cannot suppress the urge to dance and celebrate. "Demons" automatically leads me to reflect on my own inner demons. When "Underdog" pops up on my iPod, I immediately feel better about my own struggles and failures. "Round and Round" makes my head feel like it's going round and round, repeating the monotonous cycles of life. I find that potency to be the most impressive type of musical accomplishment.

I really can't imagine what I did before Imagine Dragons. I am constantly finding new things I love about their album "Night Visions." 

My only complaint? Their songs are far too short and far too few.

More, please.