MTV Movie Awards

Host Rebel Wilson:

Although MTV has always been known for airing sexually promiscuous and inappropriate for ages 17 and under shows, this year's movie awards took that stereotype to a whole new level with its raucous humor.  The MTV Movie Awards was hosted by Australian actress and comedian Rebel Wilson, better known as Fat Amy from the movie "Pitch Perfect."  Wilson is famous, or should we say infamous, for her vulgar unrestrained sense of humor and her performance on Sunday night was no exception.  From the endless sexual innuendos (mostly directed at "Magic Mike" hottie Channing Tatum) to the numerous drug and alcohol references, Wilson held nothing back.  However, compared to previous hosts Russell Brand and Jason Sudeikis, I personally felt that Wilson fell behind.  Many of her jokes were followed by near-silence, probably because the audience didn't know how to respond to such strange and inappropriate humor.  Not to mention the fact that she was wearing what looked like a futuristic spacesuit made out of a garbage bag.  

Winners:

Movie of the year went to "The Avengers," bringing Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Hiddleston and director Joss Whedon to the stage to accept the award.

Bradley Cooper won the award for best male performance for his role in "Silver Linings Playbook."  

His  "Silver Linings" costar Jennifer Lawrence took home the award for best female performance, and the two of them won best kiss for their onscreen chemistry. 

The new category, best shirtless performance, was a tough choice I'm sure, but the prize went to Taylor Lautner for his role as Jacob Black in "Breaking Dawn."  How he beat Channing Tatum in "Magic Mike" is beyond me.  To accept his award Lautner jokingly wore a fake beer belly and carried a large coke, hiding the fact that he has a perfect six-pack and could be mistaken for a Greek god.  

Unsurprisingly, the award for breakthrough performance went to host Rebel Wilson for her role as Fat Amy in "Pitch Perfect."

The comedic genius award went to veteran comedian Will Ferrell.