Monday, March 18, 2024

My Notre Dame bucket list

With the school year and my last semester here quickly (I'm sure you'll all agree too quickly) reaching its end, more and more nights have been spent reminiscing about the past four years: the things we've done and the things we hope to do before we leave. Here's a snapshot of a few things on my bucket list I've either been lucky enough to check off or hope to in the next month and a half.
10. Make a bucket list. It's self-explanatory to say one needs to make a bucket list before trying to check things off of it...
9. Win a Bookstore Basketball game. While this may come easy to most of the athletic population on campus, my 5-foot-6 self would be better suited for a bookstore tennis match. My last shot is this Friday at 5:30.
8. Study on every floor of the library. Though you may be partial to the renovated fishbowl or the tables on the second floor, make the hike up to each floor and discover something new about medieval history or corporate law.
7. Spend time abroad. Whether it's a full semester, summer or even spring break in Mexico, take the time to see the world and immerse yourself in a different culture.
6. Do a CSC seminar. Few things are more rewarding than spending a fall or spring break in Appalachia making close friends and helping others.
5. Eat a quarter-dog
4. Regret eating a quarter-dog
3. Meet a Notre Dame celebrity. On the list: Father Hesburgh, Regis Philbin, Austin Swift...
2. Start a tradition. Make crepes for your friends on Sunday afternoons, they'll love you for it. Or drink white wine on Wednesdays solely for the alliteration. Start something for yourself and your friends and you'll feel like you've added to the already rich traditions of this university.
1. Graduate. While I'm dreading the day as much as everyone else, it is a testament to our time here and the culmination of the nights spent in the library and the Backer alike.

Contact AnkurChawla at achawla@nd.edu
The views expressed in the Inside Column are those of the author and not necessarily those of The Observer.