#thirdworldsolutions to #firstworldproblems

After studying in Ifrane, Morocco, for a semester, I am now able to offer solutions to some of my friends' greatest #firstworldproblems. Some real, some edited and some fictional, these are common tweets I now have sufficient experience to respond to.

Here are a few solutions:

"My friend screenshot my hideous Snapchat #firstworldproblems"¾@cabro54

Don't worry ¾WiFi is not a thing here. And even if it is, the Internet won't let you download Snapchat. #thirdworldsolutions

"All the ellipticals were taken in the gym and I was forced to run on the treadmill #firstworldproblems"¾@sylvsyacoub

You will get food poisoning so often you don't need to work out to lose weight. #thirdworldsolutions

"This guard rail is casting an ugly shadow on my Instagram picture of the mountains #firstworldproblems" - @Caroline_Ricc

You can get a great shot of the mountains when you are sliding off a dirt road. #thirdworldsolutions

"My roommate blow dries her hair after her 8 a.m. shower every day #firstworldproblems"-@megan_manion

My roommate came in and asked where the showers were in our building ... five weeks after school started. #thirdworldsolutions

"I can't believe soy milk costs $0.65 extra at Starbucks #firstworldproblems" - @ka_more93

They can't charge you extra for soy milk in your café au lait when no one knows what that is. #thirdworldsolutions

"My advisor pre-registered me for the 8 a.m. instead of the noon course #firstworldproblems" - @tesssiver

You don't have to deal with that pesky four-year plan when advisors simply do not exist. #thirdworldsolutions

"Received a speeding ticket for going ten over on my way home from Chicago last weekend #firstworldproblems" - @KaraTiefenthal

Tickets don't exist. The cops simply pull you out of the car and rough you up a bit. Well, that or you pay them a couple hundred durhams. #thirdworldsolutions

Contact KaitlynRabach at kaitlynrabach@gmail.com

The views in this column are those of the author and not necessarily those of The Observer.