Experience the real Saint Mary's

On behalf of the faculty and staff at Saint Mary's College, I extend a warm welcome to the Class of 2017 and to our transfer students. As an alumna of Saint Mary's and its 11th president, I understand how powerful this experience will be for you. Your time here will be spent in a rigorous academic environment that will both challenge and support you. Our faculty, staff and administration are accessible and eager to help make your transition to college life successful.
As a Holy Cross institution, we emphasize the education of the whole person. Your collegiate experience includes both the time you spend in the classroom and the many hours you are not in class. Every co-curricular activity will enhance your experience here, so I encourage you to participate in as many activities as time and your academic schedule will permit. 
One of my aspirations for you is that you will develop a sense of obligation to the common good and that your entire life and work will reflect that understanding. If this happens for you, then you too will have experienced the real Saint Mary's, the Saint Mary's I and over 18,000 alumnae around the world experienced during our time here.
Our proud 169-year tradition of educating women to make a difference in the world now includes you. It is your turn to make history at Saint Mary's College, and I know you will change us for the better. I look forward to accompanying you on this exciting journey.

Carol Ann Mooney
president
Saint Mary's College
Aug. 27