Rees moves up all-time list

Irish senior quarterback Tommy Rees threw for 314 yards on 29-for-51 passing, marking the first time in his career he posted consecutive 300-yard games. Rees also added two touchdowns in the outing, although he threw two ill-timed interceptions, as well.
The game gave Rees a boost in a historical context, as the Lake Forest, Ill., native moved past Jarious Jackson and into sixth place on the all-time Irish passing list. Rees now sits at 5,073 yards for his career. Rees finds himself behind only Brady Quinn (11,762 yards passing), Jimmy Clausen (8,148), Ron Powlus (7,602), Steve Beuerlein (6,527) and Rick Mirer (5,997) on the career leaderboard.

Big finish in Big House
Saturday's contest was the final scheduled meeting between Michigan and Notre Dame at Michigan Stadium, while Notre Dame Stadium will play host to the indefinite end of the series next season. Michigan announced a Division-I record attendance of 115,109 on hand to watch the 41st installment of the rivalry game. The loss drops Notre Dame to 16-24-1 against the Wolverines and brings the Irish losing streak in Michigan Stadium to four.

Special teams steps up
Junior kicker Kyle Brindza hit all three of his field-goal attempts, including one from 44 yards in the second quarter to tie the contest at 10. Brindza also netted 80 yards total on his two punts.
Senior tri-captain and receiver TJ Jones also made an impact on special teams by returning a punt 18 yards in the first quarter, the longest Irish return since the Champs Sports Bowl in 2011. Junior running back George Atkinson totaled 76 yards on two kickoff returns, including one return of 50 yards in the third quarter.

Contact Joseph Monardo at jmonardo@nd.edu