The ghost of snack cart past

DeBartolo Hall. February 21, 2013.  Just another Thursday, right?
No, it was so much more.  February 21st was the first time DeBartolo saw snackage.  The ladies of the 'Lew' set off to accomplish Bucket List Item #87: Have a snack cart in DeBartolo. After completing dozens of bucket list items that were memorable, yet mainly focused on our enjoyment, the snack cart was set to be our coming out party of sorts.
After nearly 4 years of the foodless DeBart grind, we saw too many student government leaders come in and out without providing us with the snacks that we needed so desperately.  This was our chance to do something that mattered. The Facebook invite had hundreds of attendees, the snacks were purchased, and our flag flew proudly on our homemade snackcart.  We gave away hundreds of granola bars, ring pops and bags of Cheetos.
Students were shocked: free snacks? Here? In DeBartolo? Yes, Domers.  Dreams do come true.  We made friends and got some really great laughs. That is, until we were shut down.  As our event was unapproved, the DeBartolo building manager ushered us outside into the snow, and the 12:30 classes started.  What were the other, less desirable results of this effort? A not-so-friendly contact with SAO, the threat of ResLifes and crushed hopes that we'd ever see food in DeBartolo.
The day passed and the hunger lingered.  We had a fantastic time, but as it was spring semester of senior year, hope was loss.  That is, until we got the great news that Au Bon Pain, our library savior, expanded to the busiest campus building.  Although it's tough to not take at least some of the credit for this new addition, our hope is that some of you think back to last semester and faintly remember the first time you may have snacked in DeBartolo.
So, thank you, DeBartolo Hall, thank you, Student Government, and thank you, ABP. Although we aren't there to see the fruit (snacks) of our labor, we appreciate the snack cart and the flashbacks to the greatest year of our lives.

Taylor Sticha
Sydney Speltz
Mary Dos
Catherine de la Rosa
Mara Catlaw
Katie Hennessy
Anna Bennett
Alumnae
Class of 2013