SMC Soccer: Belles face Trine to close season

The Belles will wrap up their season today with a home game against MIAA opponent Trine.
Last time the Belles (9-7-3, 7-5-3 MIAA) met Trine (2-16, 1-14) on Trine's home field, they won 1-0 in a nail-biting double-overtime match.
The Belles stand in fifth place in the MIAA conference and were mathematically eliminated from the MIAA conference championships in late October. Trine has also failed to qualify for the MIAA conference championships and stands in last place in the MIAA conference. Only the top four squads will compete in the end of season conference tournament.
Against Trine, the Belles will rely on players such as freshman forward Rosie Biehl, junior forward Kelly Wilson and sophomore midfielder Maggie McLaughlin.
Biehl is the Belles lead goal scorer with five goals this season. Wilson and McLaughlin come in second and third for goal scoring with three and two goals, respectively, while each adding an assist on the season.
The Belles will also look for a strong performance between the pipes from junior goalkeeper ChanlerRosenbaum. Rosenbaum has had a total of 76 saves this season, with a save percentage of 78.8 percent. Rosenbaum has faced 166 shots in 16 appearances, including 15 starts, this season.
The Belles will have to defend Trine's top scorer sophomore Skyler Reed in order to come out with a win. Reed has scored three goals this season and has added three assists.
The Belles will kick off their final game of the season today at 3 p.m. by welcoming in Trine.