Court rivalry to be renewed

The No. 13 Irish will take on Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Mass., on Saturday in their final match before the ACC championship later this month.

Notre Dame (17-8, 6-4 ACC) is coming off of a three-win weekend after beating ACC opponents Miami and Florida State as well as Valparaiso at the Eck Tennis Pavilion. The scores of each match were 7-0, 6-1 and 6-1, respectively.

Boston College also faced Miami and Florida State last weekend, but the Eagles were swept 7-0 in both matches, leaving them with a 0-10 record in ACC play and an overall record of 4-14.

The match against the Irish will be Boston College’s last chance to get an ACC win this season before the ACC tournament. Notre Dame will try to improve on the 6-4 ACC record it currently holds.

Irish senior Greg Andrews enters the final regular season match of his college career ranked No. 22 nationally in singles. Sophomore Quentin Monaghan is the only other Notre Dame player is the top 125, coming in at No. 123. In doubles, however, Andrews and sophomore Alex Lawson rank No. 14 in the country. Boston College has no ranked individuals or pairs.

After this weekend, the Irish will travel to Cary, N.C., for the ACC championship on April 24. They currently hold the No. 4 spot in the ACC, behind Virginia, North Carolina and Duke, who are ranked No. 4, No. 8 and No. 14 nationally.

Notre Dame will face the Eagles at 1 p.m. Saturday in Chestnut Hill, Mass.