DeGraw at Lerner Theatre

DeGraw graphic WEB
Keri O'Mara

Elkhart’s Lerner Theatre will be hosting pop singer/songwriter Gavin DeGraw next week after recently returning to the U.S. from an international tour earlier this year. The platinum-earning musician will be accompanied by openers Parachute and Rozzi Crane at the April 15 show.

DeGraw has just released his fourth studio album, “Make a Move,” in October 2013 to largely positive reviews. The album’s first two singles, “Best I Ever Had” and “Make a Move,” both have made appearances on the Billboard charts in the last six months, and the album peaked at No. 10 on the U.S. charts.

But this isn’t DeGraw’s first showing on the charts. The musician burst into the pop scene in 2003 with the release of his debut album, “Chariot.” The album sold more than one million albums and put DeGraw on the map as a pop figure with three hit singles, including “I Don’t Want To Be,” which gained fame as the theme song for “One Tree Hill” and hit number one on pop charts. The debut album’s second single, its title track, also went platinum and established DeGraw as a hitmaker.

DeGraw followed up his debut with a remarkably successful sophomore album, a self-titled LP that debuted at No. 1 in digital sales in 2008. After releasing a collection of live recordings a year later, DeGraw continued his prolific streak with “Sweeter,” his third studio LP, in 2011. “Sweeter” also proved to be a success, especially its single “Not Over You,” a songwriting collaboration with OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder that became a Top 40 hit. Now with the recent release of his fourth studio album, DeGraw has demonstrated his staying power in the pop charts.

DeGraw will be joined by Parachute, a band based out of Charlottesville, Va. After releasing a third album in 2013, the band has toured, playing their pop-rock music with bands such as The Script and Goo Goo Dolls.

Also opening for DeGraw is Rozzi Crane, the first artist signed to Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine’s label. Described by “Teen Vogue” as a “rock star in training,” she is an up-and-coming singer/songwriter to look out for in coming years.

The Lerner Theatre will be hosting DeGraw, Crane and Parachute on April 15 at 7:30 p.m. To purchase tickets for the Gavin DeGraw concert, go to www.thelerner.com, call the Lerner Theatre at 800-294-8223 or visit the Lerner Box Office at 110 S. Main St. Elkhart, Ind. A student discount is available, and for more information about this discount, contact the box office.