Notre Dame travels to ACC outdoor championship

After a successful weekend in Kentucky at the Border Battle, the Irish will be looking to bring their momentum to the national stage when they travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., for the ACC outdoor championships, taking place Thursday through Saturday.

The Notre Dame women took home four wins last weekend in Kentucky. Junior Kaila Barber won the 100-meter hurdles (13.47), while junior Jade Barber secured the victory in the 100-meter dash (11.51). Senior Megan Yanik won the 400-meter hurdles (1:00.47) and junior Mary Esther Gourdin took first in the triple jump (12.70 meters).  With 10 top-five finishes, the Irish enter the ACC outdoor championships on a roll.

History is on the side of the Irish this weekend as well. Last year, the women brought home the second Big East outdoor title in the history of the program, while the men took second overall.

Events will kick on off Thursday at 10 a.m. EST, featuring four heptathlon events, five decathlon events and the men’s and women’s 10,000-meter finals. Friday will see the finish of the heptathlon and decathlon, along with the men’s and women’s 3,000-meter steeplechase finals, with action starting 10:30 a.m. Saturday hosts all race finals, with the men’s javelin starting the day off at 11:00 a.m.

The events will be streaming live on ESPN3 during selected times. On Thursday, events taking place from 5 p.m. until 8:30 p.m will be shown. Friday events after 4:30 p.m. and Saturday events after 5 p.m. will also be available online.