Sexual battery reported

Notre Dame Security Police (NDSP) is investigating a report of sexual battery committed against a female student outside the south end of LaFortune Student Center just before 5 a.m. Tuesday morning, according to an email sent to students the same morning. “[The suspect] grabbed the student and said something to her,” the email stated. “The student broke away from the suspect and ran to safety. “The suspect is described as a Hispanic male possibly between 30 and 40 years of age. He was 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall with what was described as a pot belly stomach, dark complexion and black loose curly hair just below the ear line. “He had a beard but no mustache and a tattoo on his right upper arm that showed below his T-shirt sleeve. He spoke with a heavy Hispanic accent. The suspect was wearing a red T-shirt and dark pants.” Anyone with information about the reported sexual battery should call NDSP at 574-631-5555 or contact Crime Stoppers at 574-288-7867, the email stated. The email advised students to call 911 from campus phones or NDSP from a cell phone to report a crime in progress or other emergency. Safewalk and NDSP officers can provide safety escorts on campus 24 hours a day. The email advised students, faculty, staff and guests to use the service by calling NDSP. Information about sexual assault prevention and resources for survivors of sexual assault are available online from NDSP and from the Committee for Sexual Assault Prevention (CSAP), the email stated.