The marvel of 3D TV

3D television is the way of the future. You heard it here first.

I am the first to admit, I was skeptical. I would even go so far as to say I was a hater. When someone would use the words “3D” and “television” side-by-side in the same sentence, I would laugh condescendingly, muttering something about youth and technology.

That was the old me. On August 16, I placed JVC XimenaView 3D glasses on for the first time, and my life will never be the same. I am the proud owner of what one might consider the most impressive feat of technology of our time: a three-dimensional television. Any one of my friends can tell you that I’ve spent the past month as a fervent advocate of 3D television. Every conversation eventually leads to my shameless bragging about this stereoscopic wonder as if it were a beloved first-born child. I’ve successfully converted dozens of others into admirers of this impressive piece of equipment, and don’t plan on stopping any time soon.

The beauty of 3D TV is it’s transformative abilities­ – it can turn your living room into a world of adventure. Want to take a trip to the San Diego Zoo to watch gorillas eat their breakfast? Sure, sounds like a plan. Or maybe learn how to surfboard with Tahitians? I’d love to. Snowboard down some of the highest peaks in the world? Go for it. All of the above journeys (and more!) are available through the Netflix category specifically developed for televisions with 3D viewing capabilities.

There’s something liberating about the novelty of escapism offered by our TV set. The three-dimensional aspect takes this to the next level, inviting us to be directly immersed into the scenes before our eyes. It removes the barrier of the TV screen and instead transports us into a world of possibility. Whether you want to travel to a tropical beach destination or get a backstage look at a ballet performance, the possibilities are endless.

I will admit that my passion for the world of 3D TV is excessive, and my devotion to this object has reached the level of idolatry. However, I will also argue that my enthusiasm is justified. Anyone who puts on the glasses and experiences what this technology has to offer would agree that it is changing the way we experience television, and opens the door to future innovations in the television industry.

I hope to continue spreading the joy that this experience can bring to the world, and hope that some day you too can give 3D TV a try; you won’t be disappointed.