ND in the NFL: Purdue Week

Sunday was a good day to be a former Irish player with the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph logged only 16 yards but hauled in a seven-yard, fourth-quarter touchdown pass in Minnesota’s 34-6 victory over the Rams on Sunday.

Also playing for the Vikings, safety Harrison Smith recorded a sack and an interception. Defensive back Robert Blanton had a hand in seven tackles.

Sunday was shaping up to be a good day for Cincinnati tight end Tyler Eifert as well before he left the Bengals’ 23-16 win over the Ravens with an injury.

After awkwardly landing on his right arm in the first quarter, Eifert left the game and never returned from the locker room. He may have dislocated his elbow, according to reports. Such an injury likely would keep Eifert out for an extended period of time. Before the injury, Eifert recorded 37 yards on three receptions.

Raiders defensive end Justin Tuck logged five combined tackles in Oakland’s 19-14 loss to the Jets. This is Tuck’s first season with the Raiders after nine with the Giants.

On the other side in that game, cornerback Darrin Walls recorded two tackles for New York.

Monday Night Football

Tonight’s games could showcase several former Irish players.

Former Irish receiver Michael Floyd plays for the Arizona Cardinals, who play tonight against San Diego. Chargers linebacker Manti Te’o is listed as questionable. Te’o sprained his left foot Aug. 15 in a preseason game versus the Seahawks.

Former Irish tight end Troy Niklas and running back Robert Hughes also play for the Cardinals, and guard Chris Watt plays for San Diego.

Wide receivers TJ Jones and Golden Tate and running back Theo Riddick take the field in the other Monday Night Football matchup between Detroit and the New York Giants.

Roundup

Colts defensive back Sergio Brown (shoulder) did not play against the Broncos. Brown, entering his fifth season, has 68 tackles and one interception in his career.

Quarterback Jimmy Clausen, who earned the Bears backup slot behind Jay Cutler, did not play.

Chiefs tight end Anthony Fasano had three receptions totaling 29 yards in his team’s 26-10 loss to the Titans.

Ravens defensive end Kapron Lewis-Moore sat out Baltimore’s 23-16 loss to the Bengals. He may be out for the season with an Achilles injury suffered Aug. 10.

Cowboys guard Zack Martin was listed as questionable heading into Dallas’ Week One matchup on Sunday but started.

49ers defensive tackle Ian Williams had two assisted tackles in San Fransisco’s 28-17 win against the Cowboys.