-

-

Football

Recruiting: Class of 2015 LB Asmar Bilal commits to Notre Dame

| Thursday, October 16, 2014

Notre Dame landed its fourth commitment in 12 days when class of 2015 linebacker Asmar Bilal pledged to the Irish on Thursday, according to multiple reports, including one from 247Sports.

Asmar BilalCourtesy Blue & Illustrated, 247Sports

Asmar Bilal

Bilal, the No. 7 inside linebacker in the country and the No. 179 overall player in the class of 2015, according to 247Sports’ Composite Rankings, is slotted as a four-star prospect. Bilal had reportedly been considering Michigan, as well.

Bilal becomes the 20th commitment in Notre Dame’s class of 2015. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Indianapolis native joins Josh Barajas as the second linebacker in the Irish class. Class of 2015 linebacker Tevon Coney, who is considering Notre Dame, Florida and Miami, recently said on Twitter that he will announce his decision Oct. 23.

For more on Notre Dame recruiting, check out BlueAndGold.com. Email Andrew Owens at aowens@blueandgold.com and tell him The Observer sent you.

Tags: , , , , ,

About Mike Monaco

Senior Sports Writer Mike Monaco is a senior majoring in Film, Television and Theatre with a minor in Journalism, Ethics, and Democracy as well as Business Economics. The O’Neill Hall native hails from the Boston area and is an aspiring play-by-play broadcaster.

Contact Mike