NDSP reports robbery on campus

At about 2 a.m. Saturday morning, three men in a silver sedan approached a Notre Dame student on campus, demanded the student get in the car, took the student to an off-campus location to withdraw cash and robbed the student, according to an email from NDSP on Saturday afternoon.

The student was approached on Notre Dame Ave. between the Morris Inn and Holy Cross Dr., the email stated. Following the incident, the three perpetrators returned the student to campus.

“One of the men got out of the vehicle and instructed the student to come with them,” the email stated. “They demanded money and took the student to a gas station and a grocery store so he could get cash for them. They then brought the student back to campus.”

According to the email, the student did not see any of the men carrying a gun, but it was implied they were armed.

“The suspects were described as three black males wearing dark clothing,” the email stated. “They had no facial hair or visible marks or tattoos. One of the men had dreadlocks. One of the men was about six feet tall, medium build. All three appeared to be between 20-23 years old.”

The email reminded students they should travel in groups and use safe transportation options such as licensed taxis or the Transpo bus system.