Observer elects next top editor

The Observer General Board elected Associate Sports Editor Greg Hadley to the position of Editor-in-Chief for 2015-2016 on Wednesday.

Hadley, a junior resident of Carroll Hall, is a double major in Political Science and American Studies with a minor in Journalism, Ethics and Democracy. The Rockville, Maryland, native has served as both Baraka Bouts and Bengal Bouts editor in 2013-2014 and covered the Notre Dame women's basketball team and men's lacrosse team during their Final Four runs last season.

"This position is both an honor and an opportunity, and I am very grateful to have it," Hadley said. "The Editorial Board this year has done tremendous work, and I'm really looking forward to building off all that they've accomplished."

Hadley has also covered Notre Dame women's golf, men's tennis, women's soccer, cross country and track and field, and spent the past year helping to coordinate all of The Observer's sports coverage.

"Greg has become an absolutely indispensable member of the staff this year, and I know he will do a fantastic job leading The Observer in the coming year," outgoing Editor-in-Chief Ann Marie Jakubowski said. "I can't wait to see what he accomplishes with his great talent, passion and work ethic."

"We have a great group of people on staff, and I am confident that we will continue to be an outstanding news source for the rest of campus," Hadley said. "I will continue to look for ways to improve and learn as much as I can."

Hadley will take on his new position March 1.