-

-

Football

TE Alize Jones commits to Notre Dame

| Thursday, January 15, 2015

AlizeJonesJanPhoto courtesy BlueandGold.com, Rivals
Class of 2015 tight end Alize Jones decommitted from UCLA and announced his pledge to Notre Dame on Thursday afternoon.

“I am officially decommitting from UCLA,” Jones wrote on Twitter. “Thank you to the coaches and all the fans for your love and support! God has another plan for me.”

Jones then posted a photoshopped image of him at Notre Dame Stadium with the caption “Bishop Gorman to Notre Dame … The Future is Bright.” The Las Vegas native attends Bishop Gorman High School, where he is teammates with class of 2015 Irish safety commitment Nicco Fertitta.

Jones is the No. 2 tight end in the country, according to Rivals, and the No. 70 overall player in the country. The 6-foot-5, 220-pounder had been committed to the Bruins since Nov. 2013.

For more on Notre Dame recruiting, check out BlueandGold.com. Email Andrew Owens at aowens@blueandgold.com and tell him The Observer sent you.

Tags: , , , , , ,

About Mike Monaco

Senior Sports Writer Mike Monaco is a senior majoring in Film, Television and Theatre with a minor in Journalism, Ethics, and Democracy as well as Business Economics. The O’Neill Hall native hails from the Boston area and is an aspiring play-by-play broadcaster.

Contact Mike