-

-

Football

Avery Sebastian commits to Notre Dame

| Friday, February 13, 2015

Eight days after national signing day, Notre Dame landed another safety when former Cal safety Avery Sebastian announced his commitment to the Irish as a graduate student transfer Thursday.

Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 2.21.00 PM

Irish head coach Brian Kelly hinted last week that Notre Dame still had moves to make on its roster. Sebastian will join the Irish after four seasons with the Golden Bears.

Sebastian’s 2013 campaign was cut short by a season-ending injury, and the 5-foot-10, 195-pounder played in seven games (one start) and tallied 21 tackles in 2014.

The McDonough, Georgia native attended Eagle’s Landing Christian High School, the same school that produced Irish junior defensive lineman Isaac Rochell. Known as Avery Walls coming out of high school, Sebastian was tabbed as the No. 8 high-school safety in the country, per Rivals.

Sebastian finished his Cal career with 96 tackles and two interceptions in 33 games.

Notre Dame is scheduled to begin spring practice March 2.

About Mike Monaco

Senior Sports Writer Mike Monaco is a senior majoring in Film, Television and Theatre with a minor in Journalism, Ethics, and Democracy as well as Business Economics. The O’Neill Hall native hails from the Boston area and is an aspiring play-by-play broadcaster.

Contact Mike