Three employees injured after aerosol can ruptures
Observer Staff Report | Friday, February 13, 2015
Three South Dining Hall employees sustained minor injuries Thursday around 11 a.m. after an aerosol can ruptured in the kitchen of the dining hall, University spokesman Dennis Brown said.
Brown said the employees were transported to St. Joseph Regional Medical Center for evaluation after the incident, which occurred when the can was accidentally exposed to heat.
Brown said the kitchen was not damaged.
Director of Notre Dame Food Services Chris Abayasinghe said the dining hall’s response procedure is to coordinate with other campus departments, such as the Notre Dame Fire Department, Notre Dame Security Police and Risk Management, and to review the incident afterwards.