Does God hate contraception?

I am a lawyer and a graduate of the University (1969). I recently became belatedly aware of Notre Dame's lawsuit vs. the United States over Obamacare contraceptive coverage provisions. To say that I was stunned to find that, in 2015, this is an issue to which my alma mater would choose to devote its energy and resources would be an understatement. Are supposedly educated and mature people supposed to believe that God hates contraception? That God insists that everyone, married or not, who engages in intercourse, must play conception lotto, or, more accurately, half of the people, since only one-half can become pregnant? That God does not care whether the baby is wanted or capable of being fed?

An institution calling itself a university goes to this trouble based upon the premise that we know God hates contraception because an elderly man elected by other elderly men supposedly becomes invested with the power to speak directly with God on the subject and has learned that God hates contraception? Some of my classmates still can’t get over the fact that Notre Dame let women be admitted. Given the positions the institution takes, I can’t get over the fact that any would want to enroll.

James Geagan class of 69'