-

-

Football

Reports: Bryant suspended four games

| Monday, June 29, 2015

According to reports from ESPN, 247Sports and Blue & Gold Illustrated, Irish junior running back Greg Bryant has been suspended for the first four games on the 2015 season for a “violation of team rules.”

Irish graduate student quarterback Everett Golson hands the ball off to junior running back Greg Bryant during a March 27 practice.Amy Ackermann | The Observer

Former Irish quarterback Everett Golson hands the ball off to junior running back Greg Bryant during a March 27 practice.

Bryant spent most of spring practice as Notre Dame’s No. 2 option at back behind fellow junior Tarean Folston, though he also split second-team reps with senior C.J. Prosise.

After redshirting his freshman season due to knee tendinitis, Bryant rushed for 289 yards on 54 attempts in 2014, collecting three touchdowns.

Notre Dame’s first four opponents of 2015 are Texas, Virginia, Georgia Tech and Massachusetts. Bryant would then return for the team’s Oct. 3 road test against Clemson.

Head coach Brian Kelly has not commented on the reports.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

About Greg Hadley

Greg Hadley is a senior from Rockville, Maryland, majoring in political science with a minor in Journalism, Ethics and Democracy. He served as The Observer's Editor-in-Chief for the 2015-2016 term and currently covers Notre Dame baseball and women's basketball.

Contact Greg
  • Charlesperkins

No Player regardless of Abilities is above the program if ND is gonna be in the National Title discussion everyone needs to be on the same page, GO IRISH!