-

-

A Texas thank you

| Thursday, September 10, 2015

As one of the thousands of Texas Longhorn fans who attended the Notre Dame-UT game on Saturday, I’d like to thank the University, their employees and the Notre Dame fans for the remarkable hospitality and generosity my family and I received during our time on campus and at the game. From the moment we arrived on campus through our walk of shame back to the car, we were treated with nothing but kindness, great cheer and good-natured kidding. I’ve ventured into “enemy territory” many times over the years attending Texas road games and I can promise you that Notre Dame towers above them all in terms of sportsmanship and cordiality and that watching a game at Notre Dame Stadium is the most extraordinary, tradition-laden, emotional college football experience I’ve had. I hope many of you can venture down to Austin next year and that you receive the same great welcome I experienced (and, of course, the same walk of shame afterwards). Hook ’em Horns!

Terry Bader

Texas fan

Sept. 8

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email viewpoint@ndsmcobserver.com

• Linda Meinig

How nice of this fan to take the time to write. This, even more than the win, makes me proud to be ND!

• JD

Come back any time, y’all. 😉

• This is what college football should be…

• Megan Zangrilli

I remember Texas played at ND when I was a junior…and I remember the fans being the classiest/nicest fans of all the teams that visited our campus. I’m happy ND returned the favor last weekend, that’s what football is all about.