Costumes for the procrastinating pop culture enthusiast

Pop culture lends itself to some of the best Halloween costumes each year. Embrace 2015 and channel something relevant, but please make sure it lends itself to pop culture, not cultural appropriation.

“Netflix and chill”

Embody the lingo, literally. Choose a red or white shirt and tape a printed out Netflix logo onto said shirt. Next, add a winter hat, scarf and mittens. Bonus: If you decide to back out of any O-Ween activities last minute, you’re perfectly prepared to watch Netflix at home in this ensemble. Also, if you do go out and find someone who appreciates this pun, you’re perfectly prepared to "Netflix and chill."

Yeezy

You can take this multiple ways. One, model after the Yeezy Season 2 models and dress in monochromatic neutrals. Long t-shirts, spandex, cheesecloth, oversized jackets and hoodies encouraged. Two, go as Kanye’s upcoming album “Swish” and wear all of the Nike items that you own (this one is for you #sportzfanz). Three, go as Kanye’s upcoming album by arriving at your destination super late or not showing up at all.

The Golden Snitch

If we could get every college student to dress as a golden snitch this Halloween, we could probably get American Apparel out of bankruptcy. Things you need: all gold everything (gold lamé is American Apparel's motto and they probably have good sales right now) and wings. Bonus: The gold apparel you purchase can double as future Notre Dame game day gear.

“Hotline Bling”

This is another idea that can be taken in multiple directions. One, print out a rotary dial and tape it onto your shirt. Pile on all the jewelry you own. Two, dress in a groutfit and Timbs — bust out your best dad dance moves. Three, dress in high-waisted jeans, a light pink t-shirt tied in the back and fashion a headset out of someone’s video game set to channel the video's call girls.

“Sorry”

Thankfully, recent music videos are supplying lots of costume inspiration. Channel the hard-hitting dancers in Bieber’s new vid: neon crop-tops, high socks, visors, jerseys and dance moves encouraged. A trip to thrift store should provide you lots to work with. This look lends itself well to the group costume that might somewhat help you keep the squad in tow throughout the night. If you think this costume idea is dumb, sorry not sorry.

Yas Queen

Take your Halloween inspiration from the greatest TV show on air, "Broad City." All it takes is a crown and the word “YAS” printed out and taped on your shirt (I am a big fan of costumes that can be purchased with ND print credit). Anytime someone asks you what you are, enthusiastically shout "YAS QUEEN" at them.

Flip-Phone

The flip-phone has had more buzz recently than the iPhone 6s release. Rihanna was seen using one earlier this year. Drake’s single is all about old school phone habits. Adele used one in her “Hello” music video. To channel this gadget, grab some cardboard, paint and your tumbling prowess.

“Cool for The Summer”

Dress in your summer clothes. Add winter accessories. Here you are in the fall dressed “cool for the summer.”