-

-

Only at Notre Dame: Part II

| Monday, October 12, 2015

Once again I am speechlessly impressed by the sons and daughters of the Notre Dame family.

I found myself near the administration building the other morning and realized that it was just about time for mass at Sacred Heart (11:30), so I meandered into the basilica and planted myself in a side pew.  It was an opportunity to reflect a bit on the privilege to teach at such a wonderful institution and to attend to mass every now and then during the week. As mass progressed, I noted one of my students sitting a few rows away from me and after mass greeted the student, who acknowledged that she prayed for her professors at the mass.

What a great feeling to know that some Notre Dame students not only practice their faith by attending ‘extra’ mass during the week, but also that they pray for our faculty. I, for one, can definitely use the extra prayers.

Jamie O’Brien

assistant chairman

department of accountancy

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email viewpoint@ndsmcobserver.com