Comedian Kevin Barnett Coming to Legends

Barnett_Banner_Web
Janice Chung | The Observer
Janice Chung | The Observer

What do “Guy Code,” “The Eric Andre Show” and “Lucas Bros. Moving Co.” all have in common, besides being your immature son, brother or boyfriend’s favorite comedy shows? Kevin Barnett. Comedian Kevin Barnett works in front of the camera on MTV2’s cult favorite “Guy Code,” and writes for both the absurd late-night talk show and the surreal animated show, respectively. And, on Saturday, Barnett will be adding Legends of Notre Dame Nightclub to his list of recent praiseworthy credits.

Barnett is sure to bring his patented laid-back personality and socially conscious comedy to the Notre Dame campus. His relaxed delivery provides a unique counterpoint to his commentarial material and is part of the reasons the comedian has been sought after by many great, new projects.

Barnett has been quickly making a name for himself by contributing to a number of popular, successful comedy endeavors. Mail Order Comedy and “Workaholics” member Adam Devine got Barnett for his Comedy Central stand-up showcase “Adam Devine’s House Party.” Barnett also recently appeared in the Chris Rock-written and -directed film “Top Five.”

Now, off the success of his TruTV sketch comedy show, “Friends of the People,” on which he serves as a cast member, executive producer and head writer, Barnett and his writing partner, Josh Rabinowitz, have been developing a show for NBC. The comedy partners have previously worked with fellow NYC comedian Mike Birbiglia on his two films, “Sleepwalk With Me” and “Don’t Think Twice.”

The Barnett- and Rabinowitz-co-created show will star both as 30-something best friends who agree to quit their crappy jobs to try to do what they have really wanted to with their lives.

Barnett is a real talent, who is continually being recognized as of late for his comedic chops. He has often opened for Eric Andre, of “The Eric Andre Show” he writes for, and proves to be of equal skill and memorability as the hugely bizarre genius that is Andre.

Kevin Barnett builds his sets around smart observations about culture and modern life. His conversational style is both entirely engrossing and easily connected with by his audiences. For fans and those looking to catch him before he makes his way on to every screen in the nation, Barnett will be appearing at Legends of Notre Dame on Saturday at 10 p.m.