-

-

multimedia

Scenecast #4: Unpopular Culture

and | Sunday, November 22, 2015

Scenecast banner

This fall, we premiered Scenecast, a new podcast from the Observer Scene staff. Each week, a think tank of Scene writers will discuss a topic from the pop culture zeitgeist. Our writers watch, read and listen to more media than is probably healthy, and this podcast will be another vehicle for sharing that knowledge, often in more depth than is possible in print.

On the last day before fall break, Matthew Munhall and Matt McMahon discuss random topics that are on their minds. They talk about Pitchfork’s sale to Condé Nast, why Beyoncé doesn’t give interviews, Ezra Koenig and Rashida Jones dating rumors and why McMahon doesn’t like “Pet Sounds.” Finally, they talk about what pop culture they’re planning on enjoying over the break.

Listen to Episode 4 below and subscribe on iTunes here. You can also listen live every Thursday at 6 p.m. on WVFI.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

About Matthew Munhall

Matthew earned his BA from Notre Dame in 2016, and he is currently pursuing an MA in English and American Literature. He thinks everyone should listen to Charly Bliss.

Contact Matthew

About Matt McMahon

Notre Dame Class of 2016 student studying Finance and English. From Mercer County, New Jersey. Interests include music, television, film, and writing. Also food.My Mom didn't like what else I had to say here so I took it down.

Contact Matt