-

-

ND Women’s Basketball

Taya Reimer leaves Notre Dame for season

| Saturday, December 12, 2015

Junior forward Taya Reimer has left the Irish women’s basketball program for the rest of the 2015-2016 season for personal reasons, Notre Dame announced before Saturday’s win against TCU.

Reimer will remain on scholarship at the University and is in good academic standing, a team spokesman said.

ReimerWei Lin | The Observer

The junior also missed two games last year for personal reasons, and she had played in just five games so far this season as she nursed an Achilles injury that kept her day-to-day.

Reimer’s leave is another hit for Notre Dame in the frontcourt, where sophomore Brianna Turner has also been absent after suffering a shoulder injury in late November, which might force her to undergo season-ending surgery. Without their two most experienced post players, the Irish have relied mainly on sophomore Kathryn Westbeld as the lone forward in a four-guard lineup.

About Mary Green

Current Assistant Managing Editor, former Sports Editor of The Observer | Follow Mary on Twitter: @maryegreen15

Contact Mary
  • Jersey Shore Rises

Reimer is like the little sister that could never be as good as her bigger sister and just cries about it season after season. I’m glad Coach Muffet said enough and gave her the boot.