-

-

Thank you from the class of 1978

| Tuesday, December 1, 2015

To our players, coaches and athletic director:

We want to thank all of the seniors and the entire Notre Dame organization for an incredible season. For the last four years you have provided us with so many great victories and brought great pride to our school.

As graduates of the class of 1978, we’ve witnessed the rebirth of the program from its heyday. The transformation this team has made from one that struggled to break into the top-25 rankings, to a national championship contender each year, has been special to watch.

We’ve been lucky enough to meet several players over the years, and we can truly say that this year’s seniors are not only great athletes but even better people. Your accomplishments on and off the field have been amazing.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in this year’s bowl game. A nice win would be a terrific sendoff for such a talented group of young men.

Go Irish!

John Coyne

Jimmy Dunne

Jimmy Martin

Rich Riley

Stan Ziherl

class of 1978

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email viewpoint@ndsmcobserver.com