-

-

Football

Jalen Guyton suspended, likely to transfer

| Monday, January 11, 2016

According to a statement issued by the University on Dec. 18, freshman receiver Jalen Guyton has been suspended from all football activities, “pending the resolution of a private University process.”

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Guyton did not see any game action in 2015 and was on track to redshirt this season. According to multiple reports, he is expected to transfer from Notre Dame.

A three-star prospect coming out of Allen, Texas, Guyton chose Notre Dame over offers from Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Stanford, Ohio State and Baylor, among others. He was Notre Dame’s fourth receiver in the class of 2015 and the 56th-rated receiver in the country, per Rivals.com

Guyton was set to compete for playing time in the spring on a stacked receiver depth chart that will include junior Corey Robinson, sophomores Corey Holmes, and fellow freshmen Miles Boykin and Equanimeous St. Brown vying for playing time.

About Brian Plamondon

Brian is a senior History major. He is a Maryland native that has been to 16 different countries including Italy, where he studied abroad. He loves all things hockey, especially the Washington Capitals. He's just doing this so he won't get fined.

Contact Brian